Resiliency Development Manager – Youth Specialist
Alta Care Resources requires a Resiliency Development Manager- Youth Specialist who is responsible for maintaining or increasing the level of safety, well-being, permanency and connection to supports available to their high-risk youth clients
To serve children, youth and families in a manner that builds from resiliencies, empowers changes and transforms adversity.
The Resiliency Development Manager- Youth Specialist will provide de-escalation and stabilization to person(s) served that are in a state of crisis and/or presenting with high risk behaviors. The worker will establish and maintain a respectful, collaborative relationships with the youth; provide assessment and information as well as model and teach skills that support safety and life skills. This role further requires Resiliency Development Manager-Youth Specialist to assess and interview clients, record accurate and detailed case notes, and develop and maintain sustainable relationships with other professionals in the community, all the while using an intentional harm reduction approach.
As a member of the Alta Care Resources team, you will be involved in a highly dynamic human services organization that serves at-risk children, youth and families within the Edmonton region. Alta Care Resources is a progressive and exciting organization with over twenty years of experience in helping children, youth and families. All programs are currently contracted by Edmonton and Area Children’s Services.
If you are effective, internally motivated and interested in developing your skills and growth, please feel free to apply. Here is a brief description of what you will experience if you choose a career with Alta Care Resources:
· A focus on your professional growth and skill development, including monthly face to face meetings with your direct supervisor
· On call supervisory support available 24/7
· On-going training opportunities and monthly skill development meetings to build tools and skills relevant to service delivery
· Monthly program meetings
· Increased Vacation, Wellness Days, RRSP benefit package, Equitable Life Health Benefits and much more!!
ResiliencyDevelopmentManagerYouthSpecialist.pdfAs a Resiliency Development Manager- Youth Specialist you will be responsible for the following:
- Working with youth, you address concerns related to safety – through the intentional use of harm reduction practices
- Working with youth to increase their wellbeing and/or life skills (i.e. housing, budgeting, employment)
- Working within Collaborative Service Delivery team, you creatively and effectively plan with the youth and their supports ensuring that the youth achieves permanency, safety, well-being and family/community supports
- Completing accurate assessments, developing effective care plans, and ensuring that clients meet the targets of these plans
- Creating goal plans during Service Team Meetings with the child/youth, their supports, CS caseworker and other relevant stake holders
- Schedule is client centred – times are booked with the youth, availability during the evenings and weekends is mandatory
- Vehicle allowance is provided to reimburse for use of personal vehicle
Requirements + Qualifications
- Diploma or Degree in the Human Services field and three years related experience
- Excellent communication skills and organizational skills
- Reliable vehicle and valid class 5 NON GDL driver’s license, 2 million Liability Insurance
- Demonstrated leadership and independent working skills
Final assessment of a candidates’ suitability will be based upon the following documents:
- Professional references
- Child Intervention Check
- Criminal Record Check
- Driver’s Abstracts
- Verification of education
Applicants are asked to submit a cover letter and resume that indicate their capacity to address the needs of the clients we serve. If there is a match between the skills and experience and our agency needs, candidates will be contacted and asked to complete a written application which will be sent to them via email.
Get in touch
#302, 9470 51 Avenue
Edmonton, Alberta T6E 5A6
Ph: 780 451 6040
Fx: 780 453 3723